Family Fun in Eastern Canada
Self Drive tour option: this means that the tour is planned for you, the accommodation is booked and the activities are recommended or included. Self Drive tours give you the freedom to travel as a family without the hassle of booking or planning. These tours are planned by travel specialists in Canada who know the destinations and activities that are perfect for families. They include ‘Canadian Signature Experiences’ and offer pricing for 3 or 4 star accommodation options.
Tour Jactravel Canada
|3 Star - Departure 2018||Twin||Single||Triple||Quod|
|May 01-Jun 12||1618||3119||1228||1034|
|June 13-Jun 19||1663||3209||1259||1056|
|Jun 20 - Jun 27||1711||3305||1291||1081|
|Jun 28 - Sep 02||1855||3522||1363||1134|
|Sep 03 - Oct 07||1705||3296||1287||1079|
|Oct 08 - Oct 18||1660||3205||1258||1055|
Pricing is in AUD per person, all pricing is 'from' the listed price
Pricing is correct for exchange rates on 24/10/17 and can change at any time.
|4 Star Departure 2018||Twin||Single||Triple||Quod|
|May 01 - Jun 12||1929||3758||1460||1226|
|Jun 13 - Jun 27||1995||3889||1503||1258|
|Jun 28 - Sep 02||2100||4100||1574||1311|
|Sep 03 - Oct 01||2008||3916||1512||1265|
|Oct 02 - Oct 07||1900||3701||1440||1212|
|Oct 08 - Oct 18||1862||3624||1415||1192|
Pricing is in AUD per person, all rates are from the listed rate
Prices are correct as of 24/10/17, prices can change at any time.
|Nights||City||3 Star||4 Star|
|1-2||Niagara Falls||Great Wolf Lodge||Great Wolf Lodge
|3-4||Toronto||Holiday Inn Downtown||Chelsea Hotel Toronto|
|5||Kingston||Ramada Kingston||Delta Kingston|
|6-7||Ottawa||Capital Hill Hotel & Suites||Deltas Ottawa City Centre|
|8-9-10||Saint-Michel-des-Saints||Auberge du Lac Taureau - Hotel room||Auberge du Lac Taureau - Deluxe room|
|11-12||Quebec City||Hotel Clarendon||Delta Quebec|
|13-14||Montreal||Hotel Chrome||Delta Montreal|
Hotels correct at time of printing.
|Niagara Falls Weekend surplus||Fridays & Sundays||Saturdays|
|May1-Jun28, Sep03-Oct31||$40 per room / nt||$69 per room / nt|
|Jun29-Sep02||$26 per room / nt||$53 per room / nt|
Prices are in AUD per person, all pricing is from the listed price
Prices are correct as of 24/10/17, prices can change at anytime.
- 14 nights hotel accommodation on room only basis
- Great Wolf Lodge indoor Waterpark
- 1000 Islands Lost Ships Cruise, Gananoque – A Canadian Signature Experience
- Parc Omega admission, Montebello
- Montreal Space for Life (Insectarium/Botanical Garden/ Planetarium) – A Canadian Signature Experience
- Document pack at hotel on arrival with maps and information
- Applicable taxes
- Car rental (please see separate car rental rates)
- Car parking at hotels
- Park fees, admission charges or day use parking at parks.
- Personal expenses and insurance
Canadian Signature Experience Package:
- Adventure Pass, Niagara Falls including Journey Behind the Falls
- Fort Henry, Kingston
- Museum of History Grand Hall Tour, Gatineau
- From AUD$126/adult, $83/child
DepartureArrive Toronto / Depart Montreal
Departure TimeArrive Toronto Airport pick up car hire
Return TimeDepart Montreal Airport drop off car hire
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing
IncludedFamily Fun in Eastern CanadaLocal TaxesActivitiesEntry FeesAccommodation
Not IncludedGratuitiesTransport between destinationsAirport TransfersFlightsDinnerLunchDeparture TaxesPersonal GuideBreakfast
Day 1: Arrive Toronto
- Pick up your rental car at Toronto airport
- drive around Lake Ontario to the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls.
- Check-in to your hotel before heading out to marvel at “the falls”.
Day 2: FREE DAY
- Free Day at Niagara Falls
- Visit beautiful Niagara on the Lake town
- Niagara Adventure Pass
- Hornblower Cruise to the base of the falls
- Journey behind the Falls
- Whitewater Wlak
- Niagara Fury 4D attraction
- Great Wolf Lodge Pass
- Mammoth indoor water park
Day 3: Niagara Falls - Toronto
- A leisurely drive today from Niagara Falls to Toronto
- Follow the Niagara Parkway along the Gorge and perhaps take the Whirlpool Jet boat tour for a wild ride through the 175ft. stone wall canyon, the mighty Class 5 whitewater of the Devil¹s Hole Rapids and the swirling waters of the Whirlpool.
- Continue to Niagara-onthe-Lake and the surrounding region well known for its’ orchards and wine production.
- Afternoon arrival in Toronto and check into your hotel.
Day 4: FREE DAY Toronto
- Take in the waterfront,
- marvel at the famous Sky Dome
- enjoy a lakeshore cruise
- explore Toronto’s many museums and attractions
- You may wish to make a visit to the top of the CN Tower the world’s tallest free standing structure, from which the views across the city and Lake Ontario are outstanding.
Day 5: Toronto - Kingston
- After a free morning in Toronto,
- drive east along the St Lawrence River to Kingston, gateway to the world-renowned for the 1000 Islands.
- Kingston boasts many ancient fortifications and early Canadian landmarks.
- Fort Henry - world of British Military
- Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, an authentic 19th century British military fortress, invites you to experience Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site. Majestic Fort Henry is set high above the Kingston harbour on Lake Ontario, the gateway to the St. Lawrence River, the Rideau Canal. Start your visit at the new Fort Henry Discovery Centre, an interactive experience that shares stories not told inside the walls of the Fort. Meet historic characters who shaped the history of Canada, hear about military strategies and experience guest-triggered interactive exhibits that will entertain and educate guests.
- Overnight in Kingston.
Day 6: Kingston - Ottawa
- Drive a short way east of Kingston to Gananoque in the heart of the 1000 Islands.
- Included Activty: 1000 Islands lost Ships 2.5hrs
- Combining historical photos, side-scan sonar imaging, video and commentary; you can discover these lost treasures which have been hidden far below the water’s surface for centuries. During this cruise you will also cruise past Boldt Castle, the lavish homes of the rich and famous on Millionaire’s Row and see the old haunts of vagabonds and villians. The cruise goes around Boldt Castle but does not stop. Passports are not required for this cruise
- Continue to Ottawa for Overnight
Day 7: FREE DAY Ottawa
- Explore the capital city of Canada with all the highlights:
- Parliament buildings
- changing of the guard
- 1000 years of human history at the Canadian Museum of History.
- Ottawa has a great range of family activities including
- cycling along the Rideau Canal,
- visiting the Royal Canadian Mint to learn how coins are made
- exploring the ByWard Market - one of Canada’s oldest and largest public markets
- taking in one of the great museums – the Museum of Nature, Aviation and Space Museum, the War Museum and more.
- Grand Hall - Museum of History
- The spectacular Grand Hall offers an introduction to the history, cultures and beliefs of the First Peoples of Canada’s Pacific Coast. With its curving, six-storey window wall and unrivalled view of Parliament Hill, the Grand Hall is the Museum’s architectural centrepiece. Discover six iconic Native houses connected by a Pacific Coast shoreline and boardwalk, magnificent totem poles and Native art works.
- The Museum also houses the Canadian Children’s Museum that has a central theme — The Great Adventure — and gives younger visitors an opportunity to travel the world - Highly recommended for all ages.
Day 8: Ottawa - Saint-Michel-des-Saints
- Cross the Ottawa River into the province of Quebec and drive 45 minutes east to Montebello.
- Included Activity: Parc Omega
- The park is a drive-through experience, meaning visitors stay in their cars and drive through the park along a 12 km nature route with lakes, meadows, small valleys, forests, and rocky hills. It is home to much wildlife including moose, bears, raccoons, and wolves that can be viewed in their natural habitat. During the summer there are shows featuring birds of prey. They also offer 3 walking trails, playgrounds and picnic areas.
- Continue through the Laurentian mountains
- Afternoon arrival at the lakeside resort in Saint-Michel-des-Saints.
Day 9: FREE DAY Saint-Michel-des-Saints
- Free days to relax and enjoy the wonderful nature and activities at Lac Taureau.
- The resort features an indoor pool, a sandy beach, full service spa
- wide variety of activities for the whole family – jet skis, fishing, boat rentals (canoes, kayaks, sail boats), ATVs, swimming, hiking, tennis, archery, mountain biking and more.
Day 10: FREE DAY Saint-Michel-des-Saints
- Still enjoying all the relaxing and nature activities at Lac Taureau.
Day 11: Saint-Michel-des-Saints - Quebec City
- Drive via Trois-Rivières and along the St Lawrence Seaway to Quebec City.
- If you start early there is the option to spend the day at the Valcartier Village Water Park located 20 minutes north of Quebec City where you can enjoy water slides, tube rides, a lazy river and a wave pool.
- Whitewater rafting and gentler float trips are also offered, open Jun 8 to Aug 28.
- Late afternoon check in to the hotel in Quebec City
Day 12: FREE DAY Quebec City
- Take in the old city with its cobbled stone streets
- historic buildings and strongly fortified walls.
- Enjoy the views over the St Lawrence River from the Dufferin Terraces
- take time to explore the stores, pavement cafes and restaurants.
Day 13: Quebec City - Montreal
- Take the south shore back to Montreal.
- We highly recommend a stop at the Chocolaterie La Cabosse d’Or located in Otterburn Park.
- After checking into the hotel in Montreal head out to explore some of Montreal highlights;
- Notre-Dame Cathedral
- old Montreal with its cobbled streets and outdoor restaurants
- the old port.
Day 14: FREE DAY Montreal
- For active families options include a bike tour, rafting or jet-boating over the rapids of the St. Lawrence River
- For thrill seekers there is La Ronde amusement park.
- Included Activity: Space for Life
- Together, the Biodôme, Insectarium, Botanical Garden and Planetarium form a place where nature and science are honoured, a Space for Life. It’s a commitment to better understand and protect our planet’s biodiversity. The Biodome features four eco-zones: tropical forest, Laurentian forest, polar world and St. Lawrence marine ecosystem. The Botanical Garden includes Chinese, Japanese and First Nations gardens, greenhouses, a touch garden with braille labels for the blind, alpine garden, arboretum and more.
Day 15: Departure Day from Montreal
- Drop off your car at the airport before checking in for your flight home.
- Start planning your next amazing family holiday.
Canada is a land full of natural wonder, wildlife and abundance of outdoor activities
Eastern Canada is home to the countries Capitol city of Ottawa, the romanic French cites of Montreal and Quebec and the vibrant Toronto. There are Lakes and park that offer the perfect outdoor lifestyle and gorgeous small towns to stop for the night. You must see the Autumn colours around the lakes, winter on the Rideau Canal, Spring is gorgeous in Montreal and Summer is perfect everywhere.
- Deposit: 20% of total invoice is required at time of booking.
- Final Payment: All invoices must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival
- Cancellation and Refund conditions will be stipulated at time of booking. Cancellation and Refund conditions will differ depending on accommodation chose and dates booked.