Edinburgh and Surrounds Teen Tour
Scotland is a land of history, tradition and culture, yet also offering rugged wilderness, beauty and purity. While visiting Scotland you can find your family tartan, sample haggis or real Scottish shortbread. For this tour you will be based in Edinburgh so you only have to unpack once. The hotel is adjacent to the Royal Mile in historic Old Town, making it easy to explore Edinburgh at your own pace in free time. The City offers imposing Edinburgh Castle, a medieval Royal Mile and the Georgian New Town filled with shops, restaurants and lively nightlife.
Lunches and Dinners have not been included to give families the freedom to choose how they spend their nights together and allow the days to flow at a relaxed pace without extra time constraints.
Edinburgh & Surrounds Teen Tour Pricing
|Date of Tour||02-08 July 2018|
|Based on Paying Passenger||Price Per Person AUD|
Pricing is in AUD per person, all pricing is 'from' the listed price
Pricing is correct for exchange rates on 24/10/17 and can change at any time.
- MEALS: Daily Scottish Breakfast included
- ACCOMMODATION: 6 nights Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel 3* or similar
- GUIDES: English Speaking guide on every day tour
- TRANSPORT: Coach with driver for all tours
- TRANSFERS: To and from the Airport
- ENTRANCE: All entrance fees as noted
- Flights or Travel to Edinburgh
- Drinks and other items of a personal nature
- Lunch and Dinner
- Entrance fees and excursions not specified
- Transfers not specified
- Travel insurance ‑ mandatory
- Tips ‑ while tipping is not obligatory, it is customary to offer a tip if the leader and crew have done a good job. As a guide we would recommend GBP2.00 per person per day for coach driver and same amount for guide.
The Jury’s Inn enjoys an enviable position on Jeffrey Street, adjacent to the historic Royal Mile and only 2 minutes’ walk from the very centre of Edinburgh, Princes Street.
The hotel is perfect for families due to its proximity to central Edinburgh and choice of room configuration; They offer Double, Twin, Triple and Interconnecting rooms, offering rooming for families of up to 6 travellers without having to separate.
The hotel boasts 186 spacious en-suite rooms, all of which are decorated to an excellent 3-star standard and feature direct dial telephone with voice mail, satellite television with 24 hour news channel, modem line, hairdryer, and tea/coffee making facilities. Non-smoking rooms and rooms for the disabled are available on request.
The hotel’s Arches Restaurant is popular with residents and locals alike and features a varied menu with an emphasis on local produce. The hotel also has a popular pub style bar.
DepartureBased in Edinburgh
Departure TimeMeet Edinburgh by 12:00pm
Return TimeConcludes after breakfast Day 6 9:00am
Dress Codecomfortable clothes and shoes, wet weather gear
IncludedEdinburgh and Surrounds Teen TourLocal TaxesActivitiesTransport between destinationsAirport TransfersEntry FeesAccommodationPersonal GuideBreakfast
Not IncludedGratuitiesFlightsDinnerLunchDeparture Taxes
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh
- At approximately 12:00pm
- Check into hotel
- Half Day Panoramic city tour of Edinburgh
- Meals: none
Day 2: Edinburgh Sights Day Tour
- Tour Edinburgh Castle
- See the Scottish Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny
- visit the private apartments of Mary Stuart
- St Margaret's Chapel dating back to 11th Century.
- Entrance to Scottish Parliament
- Explore the Scottish Parliament with a one hour guided tour.
- You have the opportunity to learn about the parliament’s architecture and design, to find out how parliament works and to discover the parliament’s art collection.
- Night time Mercat Ghost tour 7pm
- Enjoy a light-hearted tour of the shadowy closes and ancient streets of Edinburgh.
- Hear stories of the city’s haunted past and visit the famous Blair Street vaults.
- The tour will last approximately 75 minutes.
Day 3: Dynamic Earth
- Half day tour to Dynamic Earth
- Take a journey through time and witness the story of planet Earth with a visit to Dynamic Earth.
- Experience the primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, journey through space and time and go on an adventure around the world.
- It’s an interactive experience not to be missed!
- Afternoon to relax or shop
- Meals: B
Day 4: Loch Lomond
- Day tour to Loch Lomond
- Enjoy a 1hr cruise around Loch Lomond
- Admire the magnificent scenery of Trossachs National Park
- Meals: B
Day 5: Stirling Castle
- Day tour to Stirling Castle
- One of Scotland’s grandest castles due to its imposing position and impressive architecture
- Stirling Castle commands the countryside for many miles around.
- It towers over some of the most important battlefields of Scotland’s past including Stirling Bridge, the site of William Wallace’s victory over the English in 1297, and Bannockburn where Robert the Bruce defeated the same foe in the summer of 1314.
- Meals: B
Day 6: City tour of Glasgow
- Panoramic city tour of Glasgow
- Glasgow is a port city on the River Clyde
- famed for Victorian and Art Nouveau architecture it is an impressive city to visit
- enjoy the modern side of Glasgow with its growing wine and whisky bars, restaurants and thriving music scene.
- Meals: B
Day 7: Depart Edinburgh
- Tour concludes after breakfast
- Coach transfer from hotel to Edinburgh airport
- Meals: B
- Start planning you next amazing family holiday.
Edinburgh is a city of contrasts, a medieval Royal Mile and the Georgian New Town has so much to offer
Edinburgh and Surrounds
Edinburgh offers Culture, History and Tradition. You can walk medieval Streets down the Royal Mile, or shop in the beautiful Georgian New Town. There are lovely restaurants and local pubs, you can visit the Edinburgh Harbour or hike up Arthur's Seat for a spectacular view. There is something for everyone to enjoy around Edinburgh.
- The package prices quoted are net and based on tariffs and taxes currently in force. The services provided by JacTravel are solely limited to the description of such services as detailed within the confirmed offer. Any additions or changes to these services require a written confirmation by JacTravel in order to be binding. JacTravel reserves the right to change the contractual price at any time prior to the departure date in the event of increases by service providers, VAT, exchange rates or any other price variations. Thus, if there is a fluctuation of more than 3% on the overall, then a new sales price will be sent to reflect these increases as long as there is a period of at least 3 months in-between time of booking and start of the service.
- We also reserve the right to charge a supplement to cover increased prices (or confirm hotels in alternative cities) if the group travels on peak dates, public holidays or during trade fairs. We will, of course, try to anticipate such dates and build any applicable extra costs into the package price at the time of quoting. In this instance we will make you aware of the reasons for the increase in cost.
- Quotations are valid for a period of one month from the date of offer, unless advised otherwise. After this period we reserve the right to requote.
- Gratuities for drivers and guides are NOT included. We would suggest that you allow £2.00/€2.00 per person per day for the coach driver and the same amount for the tour escort/guide if booked.
- We have not costed in the proposal the cost of porterage of suitcases either at airports or hotels unless specifically requested and advised.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing
Up to 31 days prior to arrival: NO CHARGE - unless non-refundable deposits or pre-payments (i.e. theatre tickets, train tickets, hotel deposits) have been paid out on your behalfWithin 31 days prior to arrival:up to 100% Where applicable we will endeavour to recoup any payments made to suppliers and to negotiate the maximum refund possible.No-shows:No-shows will be charged in full, as it is normal practice for suppliers to charge for services under these circumstances.
- Prices are per person based on sharing a Twin/Double Room
- Triple rooms and family rooms are available only on a request basis unless otherwise stated.
- The minimum group number is 15 paying passengers, unless advised otherwise. If the actual number of participants is less or more than specified in the final quotation, a price increase may occur.
- If the hotel quoted is not available, an alternative hotel will be offered within the same price category. Please note for price offers hotels will be confirmed at latest 3-4 weeks prior to the departure date.
- Quotations are valid for a period of one month from the date of offer. After this period we reserve the right to requote.
- Min Group Size 15
- Max Group Size 49