Rocky Mountain Pioneer Tour
The Canadian Rocky Mountains are an impressive outdoor playground offering a multitude of fun activities. During these two weeks you spend the days hiking mountain trails, biking world class single track, practising camping skills, rappelling on a mountaineering course and sightseeing. A three day canoe trip down the North Saskatchewan River retraces the ancient transportation route of the Natives, trappers and early pioneers. The trained guide for the group ensures that everyone is active and stimulated, while parents, if they so desire, have time to recharge. These fourteen days in mountain air and wilderness make an unforgettable family adventure.
Tour Jactravel Canada
|2108 Departure Dates||Passengers||Pricing Per Person AUD|
|July 7-16||Adult - Twin room & Tent||From $2,495|
|July 21-30||3rd & 4th Pax - per person||From $2,232|
Departure dates can be sold as exclusive - contact us for details
Group Size: Minimum 4 participants per date
Pricing is in AUD per person, all pricing is 'from' the listed price
Pricing is correct for exchange rates on 24/10/17 and can change at any time.
- All transfers
- Transportation in 14 pax van
- 2 nights in hotel (twin)
- Other nights in tents (2 pers/tent)
- Camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
- All camping meals from lunch day 2 to lunch day 9
- Hard foam mattress
- Welcome gift
- Admission to National Parks
- Full-day mountain bike rental with 2-hour skills course and tour of the trails
- Galaxyland Pass for west Edmonton Mall
- Banff Gondola
- 2.5 Hour float trip in Banff
- Camping Fees
- Services of a guide
- Applicable taxes
- Personal equipment
- Sleeping Bag
- Light day pack
- Optionals activities (approx. pricing in CAD): Miette Hot springs $7.00; White Water Rafting $120.00; Maligne Lake Boat Cruise $65.00; Trail Riding (2hrs) $45.00
DepartureArrive Calgary / Depart Edmonton
Departure TimeArrive Calgary in time for pre trip information and dinner with the guide
Return TimeTransfer Edmonton Airport for flight home
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing
IncludedRocky Mountain Pioneer TourLocal TaxesActivitiesTransport between destinationsAirport TransfersDinnerLunchEntry FeesAccommodationPersonal GuideBreakfast
Not IncludedGratuitiesFlightsDeparture Taxes
Day 1: Arrive Calgary
- Arrive Calgary, transfer to hotel
- Dinner and pre trip information with the guide.
Day 2: Hike Lake Minnewanka
- Drive west into the mountains of Banff National Park.
- On a campground under pine trees you pitch your tent for the next four nights
- First hike, perhaps following the shore of Lake Minnewanka.
- Dinner on the campground.
- Hiking time 2-3hrs
Day 3: Banff Gondola and Bow River float trip
- Banff Gondola (included) to the summit of Sulfur Mountain for an view of the broad valley, the little town of Banff and Tunnel Mountain
- Hike 1 km to Sanson Peak where Norman Sanson used to live for many years to record the weather.
- For the afternoon 3 hour float trip on the Bow River in rubber rafts (included).
Day 4: Mountain Biking in the Rockies
- Today you hit the trails on a mountain bike on some of the best cross country trails in Rockies. After a one hour skills course you are ready to spend the day exploring the trails and single track. The bikes are first rate and the trails offer such variety that everyone can enjoy this day.
- An evening of stories around the campfire makes the perfect end to a Canadian mountain day.
Day 5: Banff to Lake Louise
- Lake Louise you are in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Walk the shore of the turquois colored lake, rent a canoe, or find a bench and just take in the view.
- Among the number of easy to more strenuous trails the guide suggests the 3.5 km (2 mi) path with 400 m gain (1325 ft) to the historic tea house by an alpine lake.
- Here a network of trails is tempting you to go further and higher to nearby peaks and glaciers.
- Hiking time 3 to 5 hours.
Day 6: Icefields Parkway to Jasper
- Travel one of the most spectacular alpine routes in the world, the Icefields Parkway.
- At the immense Columbia Icefields you hike 2.5 km to a ridge with magnificent wide angle views of Saskatchewan Glacier, Mounts Athabasca and Andromeda and the icy cap of Snow Dome.
- You can make your way down into an abandoned canyon carved out of the rocks by the raging waters over millions of years.
- Hiking time 1-2hrs
Day 7: Maligne Lake and Wildlife
- Walk along the narrow Maligne Canyon, A side trip high into the mountains to Maligne Lake takes you through a valley once thought to be magical because of a large lake along the way which disappears during the summer.
- Good chance to see wildlife from close up.
- At Maligne Lake you hike an 8 km (5 mile) circuit through flower covered alpine meadows to an elevation of 2150 m (7190 ft), or take a 90 minute boat cruise (optional) to Spirit Island at the far end of the lake.
- This evening a photo safari to spot more animals.
- Hiking time 2 – 4 hours.
Day 8: Day of Choices
- So many choices.
- Suggested is a trail ride in western saddle into the mountains on quiet horses, led by experienced horse wranglers.
- There are also bike and canoe rentals, white water rafting, as well as swimming in a clear mountain lake.
- The guide will be happy to make the arrangements.
- The peak experience of Sulphur Skyline is a perfect last impression of the Rocky Mountains. Starting almost at tree line with a short but steep climb you reach a ridge with the most excellent views. The reward is the relaxing warm outdoor pool of the Miette Hot Springs (included).
- Hiking time 3 hours.
Day 9: Edmonton Mall
- Now you leave the mountains behind and drive 4 hours through ranch and farm country to Edmonton.
- Your hotel is near West Edmonton Mall, the gigantic shopping and amusement center with a roller coaster, wave pool, ice skating rink, mini golf, hundreds of shops, dozens of restaurants and much, much more.
- A day pass for any of the rides in Galaxy Land is included.
- Your tour ends with arrival at the hotel.
Day 10: Home Time
- Transfer to the Edmonton airport for your flight home.
- Start planning your next Family Holiday or tour.
Canada is a land full of natural wonder, wildlife and abundance of outdoor activities
The Canadian Rockies
Majestic mountains, world class biking tracks, beautiful hiking trails, pristine blue lakes and amazing wildlife, The Canadian Rockies are a must see destination for all ages. Everyone will marvel at the ice capped jagged peaks and the beautiful town of Banff. Lake Louise and Maligne Lake are always spectacular as is the Athabasca Glacier.
- Deposit: 20% of total invoice is required at time of booking.
- Final Payment: All invoices must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival
- 33 days prior to departure = 20%
- 23 days prior to departure = 40%
- 16 days prior to departure = 60%
- 10 days prior to departure = 100%