Adelaide & Clare Valley
Adelaide and surrounds offer a lovely array of wine, food and culture. Adelaide is a relaxed city with beautiful historic buildings and a vibrant events and entertainment calendar. Glenelg Beach offers a great start to your family holiday with a lovely beach, kids playgrounds, open parks, bike tracks, restaurants and shops. The Tram is fun for all ages and runs frequently from Glenelg directly to Adelaide City Centre for a day of exploring.
Driving out into the surrounds there are many wonders to explore. Hahndorf offers a historic German village with traditional German food and beer to enjoy, McLaren Vale is a famous wine producing area south of Adelaide close enough to explore on a day trip. North of Adelaide is the Barossa and Clare Vally, also famous for their wines, they offer beautiful natural surrounds, small quaint towns, and many activities for families to enjoy.
Adelaide and Clare Self Drive Family Pricing
|Dates of Departure||Request any day based on availability|
|Family-combination of||Total Price AUD|
|1 Adult + 1 Child||$1969|
|2 Adult + 1 Child||$2120|
|2 Adult + 2 Child||$2501|
|2 Adult + 3 Child||$2828|
Prices based on 6-12 April 2018 School holidays
2 Adult + Child bikes
Car Hire: Avis Intermediate Toyota Corola on Airport service.
|Accommodation Details||Maximum Capacity||Multiple night rate (per building per night)|
|Stallion Box||up to 2 people||$168|
|Groom's Quarters||up to 4 people||$232|
|Lodge||up to 4 people||$252|
|Council Chambers||up to 5 people||$336|
|Grooms Quarters & Harness Room||up to 7 people||$380|
|Manager's House||up to 7 people||$420|
|Men's Kitchen||up to 10 people||$504|
Pricing is in AUD per person, all pricing is 'from' the listed price
Pricing is correct for exchange rates on 24/10/17 and can change at any time.
- MEALS: Breakfast as noted in itinerary
- ACCOMMODATION: 3 nights Glenelg, 3 nights Bungaree Station
- TRANSPORT: Car Hire
- EXTRAS: Bike hire Clare
- Flights or Travel to Adelaide
- local hotel parking fees
- Drinks and other items of a personal nature
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner when not specified
- Entrance fees and excursions not specified
- Travel insurance
Set in a prime location of Adelaide, Oaks Plaza Pier Hotel puts everything the city has to offer just outside your doorstep. The hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay. All the necessary facilities, including 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, car park, meeting facilities, business center, are at hand. Comfortable guestrooms ensure a good night’s sleep with some rooms featuring facilities such as television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, non smoking rooms, air conditioning, heating. Enjoy the hotel’s recreational facilities, including fitness center, indoor pool, spa, steamroom, before retiring to your room for a well-deserved rest. A welcoming atmosphere and excellent service are what you can expect during your stay at Oaks Plaza Pier Hotel.
Bungaree Station is located two hours from Adelaide and 12km north of Clare township in the Clare Valley. It offers an authentically Australian experience for guests. Established in 1841 by the Hawker family, this historic farming property is run by the descendants of the original founder and offers high quality accommodation in heritage buildings, tours and activities.
Whether guest which to explore Australia’s pioneering history, visit local wineries, interact with animals or simply relax around a fire, Bungaree station is the perfect base for your holiday
Bungaree Station offers a range of “bed & breakfast” accommodation, bedding and bath towels are proved as well as breakfast provisions.
Complimentary activities for guests include self guided tours of the historic station complex, walking trails, animal feeding and use of the swimming pool. Bonfires, guided farm tours, clay target shooting, massage, yoga and local produce dinners are also available by prior arrangement (charges apply).
Departure TimeArrive anytime Day 1
Return TimeConcludes Anytime Day 7
Dress Codecomfortable clothes and shoes, sun safety
IncludedAdelaide & Clare ValleyLocal TaxesActivitiesTransport between destinationsAirport TransfersAccommodationBreakfast
Not IncludedGratuitiesFlightsDinnerLunchDeparture TaxesEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Day 1: Arrive Adelaide
- Arrive Adelaide
- Pick up Car Hire from Airport
- Check into Accommodation
- Explore Glenelg
- Meals: none
Day 2: Free Day Glenelg
- Free Day Glenelg
- Hire city bikes and ride the bike paths
- Take the kids to The Beachouse: Indoor play venue and waterslides.
- Wander the shops and try the amazing choice of restaurants along Jetty Road.
- Have a swim at Glenelg beach
- Try Mega Adventure Park - an Aerial climbing playground
- Meals: None
Day 3: Free Day
- Catch the Tram into Adelaide CBD
- Wander the Adelaide Mall for shopping, stop at Beehive Corner for Haigh's Chocolates.
- Try the paddle boats or Popeye tour on the Torrens
- Visit the Panda's at Adelaide Zoo
- You must visit the Adelaide Central Market for all the amazing local food.
- Book in for a tour of the Haigh's Factory.
- Meals: None
Day 4: Drive Adelaide to Clare
- Drive Glenelg to Bungaree Station 163km, 2h15m
- Recommended stop: Hahndorf for a traditional Bavarian experience
- Check into Bungaree Station
- Explore the Station or Drive into Clare to look around
- Meals: B
Day 5: Ride along the Riesling Trail
- Ride the Riesling Trail for the morning
- Meet at Riesling Trail Bike Hire - 4hrs
- Stop for lunch along the trail - not included
- Afternoon free to try some wineries
- Recommended: Seven Hill, Clos Clare, Jeanneret, Kilkanoon, Kirrihill, Knappstein, Mitchell, Paulett, Pikes, Reillys, Skillogalee. Of course there are many more wonderful wineries, these are my favourites.
- Meals: B
Day 6: Free Day
- Explore the towns surrounding Clare
- Burra has a rich mining history
- Visit the Maggie Beer's Farm shop and restaurant near Nuriootpa
- The Barossa Valley Cheese Co or Angas Park Fruit store in Angaston
- Martindale Hall near Mintaro has a fascinating history and was used in the 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' movie.
- Relax with a book on the porch while the kids play
- Meals: B
Day 7: Tour Concludes
- Tour concludes after breakfast
- Drive back to Adelaide
- Drop hire car to Airport
- Start planning you next amazing family holiday.
- Melas: B
Adelaide offers a City escape, Glenelg offers a relaxed beach holiday feel and Clare gives everyone the chance to escape to the country.
Adelaide and Surrounds
Adelaide City offers sophistication and culture with their fabulous Central Markets, Gardens, and the central Torrens River. Glenelg allows the family to have a holiday at the beach with multiple activities for all ages and so many choice for restaurants and cuisines. Clare is a gorgeous country town with many lovely towns to visit near by. Staying at Bungaree station offers the family a country escape in beautiful surrounds and country luxury.
- Car hire payment is required in full at the time of booking if car hire is required.
- Payment requirements will be advised upon booking based on dates selected, days to departure and Accommodation requirements.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing
- Oaks Plaza Pier: Cancellation terms will be advised upon quotation depending on dates booked and type of room required.
- Bungaree Station:
- Bookings can be changed or cancelled up to 2 weeks in advance but may result in an $88 administration fee per building per night, no including any cancellation fees charged by agents.
- Changes to bookings are unable to be made less than 2 weeks before the booking start date and will result on a cancellation charge of 50% of total booking cost
- Bookings cancelled less than 24 horns prior to booking date will be charged at the full booking cost.
- Car Hire: Cancellation terms will be advised upon quotation depending on dates booked and type of car required.
- No-shows: No-shows will be charged in full, as it is normal practice for suppliers to charge for services under these circumstances.
- Prices are per person based on 2 Adults + 2 Children
- If the hotel quoted is not available, an alternative hotel will be offered within the same price category. Please note for price offers hotels will be confirmed at latest 3-4 weeks prior to the departure date.
- Quotations are based on price at that time, prices can change at anytime until paid in full. We reserve the right to re quote.
Tours are self drive and can depart on any date